Here is the first e-mail announcing the VMUG Board of Directors. It was the start of a wild 10 years
VMware User Group Members,
As announced earlier this year, VMware is supporting the establishment of an independent, customer-led, customer-driven global VMware User Group (VMUG). The VMUG Steering Committee has been focused on forming the structure for this new organization and we are pleased to announce the inaugural VMware User Group Board of Directors.
|Name||Position||VMUG Local Group|
|Mariano Maluf||President||Atlanta, GA (USA)|
|Charlie Gautreaux||Vice-President||Charlotte, NC (USA)|
|Scott Elliott||Secretary/Treasurer||SW Ontario (Canada)|
|Ben Clayton||Director||Kansas City, MO (USA)|
|Rod Gabriel||Director||Wisconsin (USA)|
|Matt McLaughlin||Director||Iowa (USA)|
|Viktor van den Berg||Director||Netherlands (Europe)|
|Chris Harney||Director||New England (USA)|
|Jodi Shely||Director||Omaha, NE (USA)|
|Kathi Kaplan||VMware Board Member||VMware|
|Teresa Streit||VMware Board Member||VMware|
The board is comprised of a group of experienced VMUG leaders whose knowledge, expertise and vision will provide an invaluable contribution to the VMUG organization. There is much for this Board of Directors to accomplish, as we look forward to the formal launch of the independent VMUG at VMworld in San Francisco this coming August.
The board has developed a VMUG mission statement to reflect the new organization:The VMware User Group is an independent, global, customer-led organization, which maximizes members’ use of VMware and partner solutions through knowledge sharing, training, collaboration, and events.
The VMware User Group is a user community—of the users, for the users, by the users. Through an independent global VMUG, we believe we can strengthen our collective VMware and VMUG value proposition with expanded collaboration, member programs, and benefits.
As a VMUG member, your feedback and ideas will be critical to improving the VMUG experience and taking it to the next level. We believe that some of the benefits of the new model will be:
- Tap into new VMUG member benefits and programs, such as Special Interest Groups and VMware technical education offerings
- Increase your value to your organization by becoming the recognized VMware subject matter expert through knowledge and contacts gained through VMUG
- Gain more direct access to VMware subject matter experts
- Become part of a global, collective customer voice, impacting VMware products/services
While we are planning the official launch of the new group for August, there are several ways VMUG is already driving value to the members:
- The VMUG Voice—VMUG’s monthly newsletter—will provide news and updates for members
- New member recruitment activities at all VMware events
- Development of new onsite program for VMUG Regional Events
- VMware Technical Sponsors have been assigned to all VMUG Local Groups
- VMUG members will receive the discounted “Early Bird” pricing throughout the VMworld registration period
As we work to establish an independent VMUG, we want you to know that your voice will be heard. To that end, the VMUG Board of Directors is conducting a short survey of our members to better understand the members’ vision for VMUG and define the VMUG value proposition. It should only take about ten minutes of your time and all results will be kept completely confidential. In addition, all survey respondents can enter to win an Apple iPad—just complete the survey by July 30.
We look forward to hearing your feedback and ideas about the new organization. Please direct all communications to email@example.com or 1.800.606.8695.
Together we look forward to launching the new VMUG at VMworld and we hope to see you there!
Sincerely,The VMware User Group Board of Directors